Casas Futura Basic Fluency Sytem
Easy-to-use DAF/FAF device for face-to-face conversations or telephone calls.
Altered Auditory Feedback Features
The Basic Fluency System provides two types of altered auditory feedback:
Delayed auditory feedback (DAF)
immediately reduces stuttering about 70% at normal speaking rates without training, mental effort, or abnormal-sounding or abnormally slow speech. 55% carryover fluency after removing the device, without speech therapy. With speech therapy, DAF can induce a slower speaking rate with stretched vowels to make even severe stutterers nearly 100% fluent.
Frequency-shifted auditory feedback (FAF)
immediately reduces stuttering at normal speaking rates. Only Casa Futura Technologies stuttering treatment devices have octave-scale FAF downshifting (pitch shifting) to induce vocal fold relaxation, training the user to no longer need the device. The Basic Fluency System has two FAF settings: moderate (-0.4 octaves) and extreme (-0.8 octaves).
Anti-Background Noise Features
- Noise-canceling directional microphone eliminates background noise at the source.
- High-frequency filters remove background noise above the user's vocal range.
- Moderate (-0.4 octave) FAF effectively reduces stuttering yet is acoustically transparent if the device picks up background noise.
- The Basic Fluency System plugs into telephones. You hear your voice and the caller's voice in both ears; the caller hears your normal voice. Leave your Basic Fluency System plugged into your telephone and practice speech therapy on every call.
- Binaural (two ear) or monaural (one ear) sound. Binaural sound is 25% more effective than monaural sound and is recommended for severe stutterers; mild stutterers can get by with monaural sound.
- 35-7500 Hz frequency range clearly reproduces all vocal frequencies of adults and children.
- 9-volt battery last about 15 hours. AC adapter (included) doesn't charge the battery.
- Black case with belt clip.
- Two 3.5mm jacks for any standard microphone and headphones. One 2.5mm jack for any standard cellphone earset.
- 4.5" x 2.7" x 0.9" (11.5 cm x 7 cm x 2 cm); about the size of an iPod.
- 4.6 ounces (130 grams).
What's in the Box
- Basic Fluency System
- Sennheiser PC131 binaural (two ears) lightweight headset
- Plantronics MX100S binaural (two ears) earset
- Telephone cable
- 110-volt AC adapter (not shipped to Europe; you can easily buy a 220-volt AC adapter in your country)
- No Miracle Cures: A Multifactoral Guide to Stuttering Therapy book with video